Computer Mechanics is a mobile computer support business based in Perth, Western Australia. We believe even small organisations need high quality computer advice and that they can't afford high prices.
We construct stable, high security computers and networks and we make systems run as fast as they can. And while we're on site we try to educate users in good maintenance practice. If we do our job well we will increase your productivity. Computer Mechanics have been supporting small organisations since the company was established by Garry Bloom in 1997. Mobile units are supported by a fully equipped workshop and specialist back-up.
The company has a growing number of loyal customers. Often they're loyal because they know how hard it is to get good computer support. With Computer Mechanics they've saved money, they've got good advice and they know they're in good hands.
As Needed Repairs and Maintenance
Computer Mechanics can troubleshoot your computer or network problems, improve your PC.s performance or upgrade components on your premises?. We can also let you know what.s right and wrong about the way you.ve set things up and the way you run things.
Contracts offer people the chance to lower their hourly cost of computer maintenance and customise their support.
Service contracts normally comprise time blocks that can be used for scheduled maintenance visits or call outs. Premium service contracts also include phone support and guaranteed call out times. Computers: The most complicated equipment ever designed by humans and without close attention a time bomb waiting to go off. You probably can.t justify a full-time IT person; but your computer systems are still mission critical and sooner or later, you will need some computer support. Your can handle that on an as needed basis (as most people do) or take out a service contract.
ServicesTechnology consulting and assessments
- Advice on operating systems, hardware and software platforms
- Site analysis of all aspects of IT including security, network efficiency, PC performance and cost efficiency
- General hardware, software and systems troubleshooting
- Virus and spyware removal and prevention
- Internet connectivity and email issues
- Microsoft Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 2003/2008 Server, and Linux Operating Systems
- Design, installation and maintenance of Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks and Virtual Private Networks
- Wired and wireless networks
- DSL and cable connections
- Security issues including software and hardware firewalls
- Analysis and advice on back-up procedures
- Data recovery using hardware and software tools
- Disaster Recovery Plans (DRPs)
- Upgrades and building of PCs to customer specifications